Role & commitees
The Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting: IMOCA meets once or twice a year it Annual General Meeting (AGM) open to all members of the class. The agenda is defined beforehand by the Executive Committee. The AGM elects the Executive Committee, votes on the race program and the technical rules of measurement.
The Executive Committee
It consists of eight members elected for two years by the AGM and renewed in half each year. The Ex-Co in turn elects the president, whose term is two years.
The President and the Ex-Co meet once a month to deal with all the issues on the agenda.
Antoine MERMOD is this year's chairman of the Executive Committee.
2018 Executive Committee members:
Chairman of the IMOCA Class
Vice President of IMOCA Class
Treasurer of the IMOCA Class
General Secretary of IMOCA Class
For its mission, the Executive Committee relies on :
- The Délégué General, Guillaume Evrard, who is in charge of general administration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Administration / Coordination of Communications & Team Liaison administered by Marine Le Texier Kerduel: email@example.com
- The Chief Measurer, René Boulaire, in charge of the measurement: firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Director, Guillaume Evrardnin charge of overall management of the Class: email@example.com
Marine LE TEXIER KERDUEL
Administrative Manager, coordination of Communication & Team Liaison of the IMOCA Class
Marine Le Texier Kerduel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Crédit photo: Gille Martin-Raget
Chief Measurer, in charge of ensuring class rules are respected: email@example.com
Three commissions meet about once a quarter:
- the Sports Commission (Referent: Paul Meilhat), responsible for working on the sports program.
- the Technical Commission (Referent: Alex Thomson), which deals with the study of the evolution of class rules and their drafting.The main task of the Technical Committee is to draw up class rules and examine how they can evolve. In order to be applicable, all of the proposals from the Technical Committee must be approved by the Board, and in some cases the approval of the General Meeting is required.
- the IMOCA Globe Series Commission, which is being created, composed of the President of the IMOCA class and the IMOCA Globe Series race organizers, whose role is to animate and coordinate this new racing program.