20 skippers, three women, double and triple winners ...
@Défi Azimut 2016
The 7th Défi Azimut will be held from September 22nd to 24th in Lorient La Base, a real antechamber of the great race for the program of each new IMOCA season. As usual, this annual race exclusively reserved for the monohulls of 60 feet (18.28 meters) will bring a first choice fleet.
As a prelude to the Transat Jacques Vabre 2017, the Défi Azimut is expecting this year a dozen duos, some 20 skippers bringing together known figures and new faces of the IMOCA circuit. These seasoned sailors all have lists of charts that speak volumes about the level of skills and experience gathered aboard the fleet of this Défi Azimut 2017.
Les équipages de cette 7ème édition , où figurent trois doubles mixtes riches de la participation de trois talentueuses navigatrices - Samantha Davies, Isabelle Joschke et Servane Escoffier - réunissent :
The crews of this 7th edition, with three mixed double-handed duos rich in the participation of three talented sailors - Samantha Davies, Isabelle Joschke and Servane Escoffier - gather:
- a triple winner of the Solitaire du Figaro, Yann Eliès;
- an undisputed specialist of double-handed in IMOCA, triple winner of the Transat Jacques Vabre and double winner of the Barcelona World Race, Jean-Pierre Dick;
- two winners of the previous Transat Jacques Vabre 2015, with Pierre Brasseur winning in Class 40, and Giancarlo Pedote in Multi50;
- a co-holder of the last Jules Verne Trophy, Gwénolé Gahinet, also winner of the 2011 Mini-Transat ...
- as well as an experienced sailor on all supports, "double-double" winner of the Route du Rhum and the Transat Jacques Vabre, a knowned Roland Jourdain, ...
So many skippers to compose favorites duos and promising double-handed crews. For these ten crews out of the twelve declared for the next Transat Jacques Vabre, the 24 Hours Azimut-IMOCA 60 will constitute a last round of observation necessarily rich of teachings. Both to sharpen their own weapons and gain performance, only to measure the forces deployed expected on the next great autumn transat ...
List of registered skippers for the 24H AZIMUT - IMOCA60 2017
Défi Azimut 2017
- BUREAU VALLÉE 2 (Louis Burton & Servane Escoffier)
- GENERALI (Isabelle Joschke & Pierre Brasseur)
- KAÏROS (Morgan Lagravière & Roland Jourdain)
- INITIATIVES CŒUR (Tanguy De Lamotte & Samantha Davies)
- LA FABRIQUE (Alan Roura & Frédéric Denis)
- LA MIE CÂLINE – ARTIPÔLE (Arnaud Boissières & Manuel Cousin)
- NEWREST - BRIOCHE PASQUIER (Fabrice Amedeo & Giancarlo Pedote)
- StMICHEL-VIRBAC (Jean-Pierre Dick & Yann Eliès)
- SMA (Paul Meilhat & Gwénolé Gahinet)
- VIVO A BEIRA (Yohann Richomme & Pierre Lacaze)
Display the whole heading