Created in 1919, the French Sailing Federation brings together all affiliated sports associations, national associations, profit-making organisations whose objective is the practice of one or more sailing disciplines.
The FFVoile also brings together stakeholders contributing to the development of sailing such as class associations like the IMOCA, the Federation of Nautical Industries and the French Federation of Marinas.
The mission of the FFVoile :
Regulatory and statutory supervision of the discipline:
- Drafting and application of regulations related to the sailing activity
- Issuance of licences, titles of French Champions, management diplomas and the appointment of referees, etc.
- Affiliation of clubs, class associations, national associations
Intervention at various levels in all sailing events:
- The biggest ocean races (Vendée Globe, Route du Rhum, Transat Jacques-Vabre)
- The French championships
- The French Olympic week
Development of the national network of FFVoile clubs:
- Competition: sports activities at all levels of practice
- Teaching: training and certification of skills
- Leisure and sailing: fun and recreational activities
- Accompaniment at the highest level in the training centres
- Search for performance at the Olympic Games and at the biggest international events